Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Jennifer Lauck - Studio Director/Instructor

Jennifer Lauck - Director

I created The Blackbird Studio for Writers after 30 years of studying with teachers like Tom Spanbauer (Dangerous Writers), and Diana Abu Jaber (PSU), and in the literary programs of PSU, Montana State University and Pacific Lutheran University.  I have a BA in journalism, an MFA in creative writing and have taught for more than fifteen years in private workshops, seminars and conferences like AWP, the Literary Arts in the Schools program.

The name Blackbird comes from my first book, and from the Beatles song that tells us to: Take these broken wings and learn how to fly.  That's what we do at this school.  We take what might seem like a a broken mess, and help you compile it into something that will fly.

I'm a consummate student.  I love to learn.  And, I love to learn with people who are open, inquisitive, proactive and focused.  If you are that kind of person, you'll love it here. The Studio is welcoming, cozy, and empowering.

I offer three 30 week classes: Studio I, Studio II and Studio III.  I also consult, long term, with four writers a year, and help a handful of writers via one one one consults.  Please click on the links below, read more.  I look forward to helping you on your writing journey.

Teaching Availability:  


4)  Studio I, Sept. 12 - May 20, 2017-2018, Tues. 11:30-2:30 (taking apps)

5)  Studio II, Sept. 14 - May 20, 2017-2018, Thurs. 11:30-2:30 (taking apps) 

6)  Studio III, Sept. 14 - May 20, 2017-2018, Thurs. 6:00-9:00 (taking apps)

Submit interest to jclauck@gmail.com








This Article's Link

0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home